A photo I shot exactly a week ago as we walked over the Coigach peninsula having paddled Loch Lurgainn narrows. We’e heading towards Achiltibuie for a cup of tea (right). Notice how Robin’s hair melds magically with the mid-winter bracken. Must be a form of archaic Celtic camouflage carried through the genes.
From the far back left coming forward and right, the amazing mountains of the Assynt: Quinaig (‘Kun-yak’); Suilven of course with Stac behind Robin and Cul Mor on the far right. All great climbs. It was the weather the day before (left) forced a change of plans. Full story with more pics evolving here.
- Packrafting the Wairoa River (NZ)
- Trying out SUP paddle boarding
- Preview: Decathlon Itiwit X500 D/S kayak
- Pumps for inflatable kayaks
- Drop-stitch Gumotex Thaya IK
- Book review: Best Canoe Trips in the South of France
- MYOG: TiZip Pakbag
- Deckbags for packboats
- Kayaking and packrafting the Allier (France)